General information in line with extant laws and regulations.
Let it be known that, Wizshoppers.com is explicitly stating that this policy does not apply to the practices of third party agents, or people of which we do not exercise direct control, employment or management (as we have no direct or indirect control over their actions and inactions).
- Personal Information and Data Pooling.
From when you decide to set up a free personal account with Wizshoppers.com, we reserve the right to collect personally identifiable information (including but not limited to email address, name, phone number, physical address, location, photo, banking details (when you make purchases), online identifiers, etc.). Certain sections of our website are accessible without having a registered account on Wizshoppers.com but to make purchase, request information etc. requires you to open a registered account with Wizshoppers.com we do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests. The information and personal data are as freely provided by you to us using any technology at the material time e.g. JWT, web tokens etc.
- Use of Demographic and Profile Data
We use personal information to provide the services you request. To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses (should you choose to). Your personal information are not used only for marketing purposes, certain information that you provide and the ones we get through your activities on the internet, we use these information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyze demographic and profile data about our users’ activity on our website. We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
Be informed that we are at liberty to occasionally ask you to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask you for contact information and demographic information (like location, local government area, age, or income level), be rest assured that these information are kept private, not sold and not given to third party users (excluding information specifically needed to help fulfil and deliver your order). We use this data to tailor your experience at our site, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
- HTTP Cookie and Cookie Usage.
HTTP cookie is a specific little piece of data which is stored on the computer of a user through the accessing web browser during the duration of the user browsing through a specific website. The cookie is a strong reliable mechanism used by the websites and browser to store and secure the users information such as username, log in details and password, the cookie also helps the user record the series of activities effected on specific websites. Usage of cookie helps you as the user to experience a seamless browsing experience on Wizshoppers.com. With the specific cookie attached to your profile, the administrators and managers of Wizshoppers.com can distinguish and identify you uniquely in the midst of thousands of users browsing through out platform (both on web and through mobile applications) on a daily basis.
- Personal Information Sharing.
While seeking to respect your privacy and your information, in order to deliver top notch services, there might be need to share certain data with third parties, we do so solely with positive intentions and these intentions may or may not include:
- Products Sales and Service Provision: In order to deliver your products and services purchased on our marketplace from third parties, we may be required to provide your personal data to such third parties.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information may be transferred together with other business assets.
- Abuse and Fraud Detection: We release account and other personal data to other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and to comply with the law.
- Working with third party service providers: We engage third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, transmitting content, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service.
During the process of sharing your data with specific third party, we are engaging them based on the agreement that they take sole responsibilities for the security and reasonable usage of the data in the following regards:
- Only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
- International Data Transfer
For sales and services purposes to suit your request, Wizshoppers.com reserves the right to transfer necessary data to locations outside Nigeria to third parties for the sole purpose of order fulfillment and shipping purposes (per receiving location’s local laws). While transfers of such data might be in inherent risks, we are dedicated to keeping you and your data safe, thus; we have taken and will continue to take steps to place necessary measures aimed at protecting the data being transferred. You reserve the sole right to take certain actions with your data and personal information, this is why we are putting the possible risk attached to the actions you take on our platform into righting so as to make you aware of the actions you are taking and what possible consequences might evolve from it. We will continue to respect and protect your privacy and legal rights in pursuant of the specific terms stated in this policy and cookie notice.
- Data Security
- Actions and mechanisms have been put in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach when and where we are legally required to do so.
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
- In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- Data Processing Principles and Legal Rights Reserved By User
Your personal data on Wizshoppers.com shall be collected and processed in accordance with legitimate and lawful purpose consented to by you herein, provided that a further processing may be done only for archiving, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes for public interest in line with extant regulations and laws. Personal data shall be stored only for the period within which it is reasonably needed, and shall be secured against all foreseeable hazards and breaches such as theft, cyber-attack, viral attack, dissemination, manipulations of any kind, damage by rain, fire or exposure to other natural elements.
For and under specific circumstances as a user on the Wizshoppers.com, you have rights under Nigeria data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including the right to access, correct or erase your personal data, object to or restrict processing of your personal data, and unsubscribe from our emails and newsletters. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Advertisements on Wizshoppers.com
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Requests, Inquiries, Clarification, and Contact
As a user on our platform, if you observe or have good grounds to believe that your privacy rights have been infringed or likely to be infringed by the use of our Site please lodge your complaints or questions regarding our policy to the following address: info@Wizshoppers.com. Our Data Protection Officer shall attend to them. Generally, you may contact us on any issue related to your experience on our platform by mail to info@Wizshoppers.com.
- Our Platform as referred to by this policy means the website Wizshoppers.com or its mobile application(s).
- Marketplace as inferred by this document means Wizshoppers.com
- Third Party as referred by the content of this policy means partners on Wizshoppers.com, recognized government agencies including law enforcement agencies, payment gateway or internet based software used for the purpose of UX improvement.